09 December 2012

Stefano Marchionini - I see around me tombstones grey


I see around me tombstones grey
Stefano Marchionini
self-published book
48 pages 
15 x 20 cm
digital print

printed at Deux-Ponts | France
first edition: 100


"After having spent some years far from my parents I have understood that wherever they are it is their nearness that gives me the feeling of being at home. 
It could be in my hometown on the Lake Maggiore, that I left almost ten years ago, or where my father used to work. 
As I started taking picture of them, of my family, I noticed that there was a different atmosphere compared to the feel my life away from them has.
 It is true that whenever I stay home for a few weeks I realize that their/our reality is becoming more dramatic every year: oldness, sickness, retirement and a general feel of inquietude. 
However it is thanks to this that I know where I come from and where I want (or don't want) to be.

 "

No comments:

Post a Comment