23 November 2014

Clément Paradis - Sound of Midnight


Sound of Midnight - the theory of bitter fun
Clément Paradis
248 pages, digital b&w
22,00 × 14,60 cm, paperback with silver dust jacket
Edition size 100 ex.
26€ + shipping

“One night I was outside of a club in London, I think at that moment I started to hear it… The Sound of Midnight… How many pictures did I take that night? One roll? Two rolls, three? When I ran out of rolls, I’d re-expose the previous ones anyway. I’m trigger happy, it always helps to wash the doubts away. People nowadays are afraid of the silence. Every day, as the propaganda tells us the precise opposite, we feel less human and less loved–as a photographer, there’s nothing I can do about it. But past midnight, when the smell of perfumes, cigarette and restaurant grease mix, when the humming of the bass echoes in the streets, when I hear this Sound of Midnight, I get this appetite for action, for images and for their destruction."

No comments:

Post a Comment